Profile & HistoryThe Forward Training Center of Granbury (FTC), originally the Christian Women’s Job Corps of Granbury, Inc. (CWJC), began as a vision from Carol Seay, Executive Director, to help women in our community to go from dependency to self-sufficiency by obtaining life skills and job readiness training.
- Over 200 men and women have graduated for the main program
- 80% of the men and women enrolled in the program completed it
- 11% have pursued further education
- Operates with one paid Executive Director, Administrative Assistant and Program Director.
- A certified Site Coordinator, teachers, guest speakers from the business community, mentors and a host of others volunteer their services
- Christian Women’s Job Corps becomes a National Certified Site–2003
- Lake Granbury Chamber of Commerce Business Award of Excellence—2005
- Granbury Lions Club Certificate of Appreciation—2005, 2006 and 2007
- The State of Texas Senate Commendation—2006
- The State of Texas House of Representatives Commendation—2006
- Lake Granbury Chamber of Commerce member—2003 to 2016
- The State of Texas House of Representatives Commendation presented to Christian Women’s Job Corps of Granbury Volunteers—2008
- Leadership Advisory Board of Hood County honors CWJC volunteers–2008
- Granbury Newcomers Club recognizes CWJC as a valuable community agency–2009-2015
- Pecan Plantation Women’s Club recognizes CWJC as a valuable community agency–2012-2015